Monday, January 2, 2017

Read Harder Challenge 2017

Hello!


This year I'm participating in the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. It's pretty simple - read 24 books in a year, choosing books that are outside your reading comfort zone.


The books I usually read have considerably narrowed - mostly science fiction, a bit of fantasy and the odd drama. Part of this is due to becoming a parent and spending most of my book budget (time and money) on reading with Mr NearlySix, who reads like a champ. In fact, we have the problem now that he wants to read everything, and we have to be a bit careful to make sure he's still getting books that are appropriate for his age (even Roald Dahl can be a bit too scary at the moment).


But nothing helps encourage a small person to keep reading than seeing big people reading for fun, so this challenge is as much for him as it is for me. In fact, I wonder if I can find books for him that fit the same categories? Let's find out!


So here's to 2017 being the year of trips to the library, reading good books, writing and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment