Thursday, May 4, 2017

7. Read a novel published between 1900 and 1950 - Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie

I always enjoy catching a Poirot movie with the wonderful David Suchet. But this is the first Agatha Christie book I've read. I acquired this book through a book swap/clean out at a friend's house. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for a few years - all I needed was a bit of encouragement to read it.

I found it a little difficult at the start, the dialogue is peppered with French, and I had to take notes of things to translate. After the first few chapters I realised that it didn't really matter, as there was usually enough context provided.

Now I know whodunit, and now I'm keen to read some of the other books still sitting on my shelf. The ending was less obvious than I was expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment